Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pizza de Mayo!

Since it's very nearly Cinco de Mayo, we decided to make a Mexican-inspired pizza this week. It came out sort of reminiscent of loaded nachos, except with pizza crust instead of tortilla chips. It looked like this:
Ole!

Here's how it all went together: To make the sauce, I simmered some basic tomato sauce with some chili seasoning, to make a spicy tomato sauce. I spread the spicy sauce onto my multigrain crust, then I piled on hot and sweet peppers, onions, corn, black beans Daiya pepper jack shreds and olives. After baking, I finished it off with some diced avocado.

The Man and I both LOVED this pizza. There is one thing we wish we'd done differently... we wish we thought to pick up some Margarita ingredients! Next time, we will.


No comments:

Post a Comment