Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Pizza... Fiddleheads!

I'm a bit late getting this week's Pizza Post up... but that's because yesterday I was busy enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day with my family! We had a big breakfast, then went for a long hike in the woods. I spent the rest of the afternoon gardening, then we had some barbecue tempeh burgers on the patio by the fire for dinner. Some of my favorite things, done with my favorite people. Bliss.

But, before all that, on Saturday night, we had pizza... oh, did we have pizza! I love to use seasonal produce, and spring gives us lots of delicious veggies. This week, we decided to put Fiddleheads on the pizza (along with onions, lots of garlic and cashew cheese) The end result was fresh, light, pizza which tasted just like spring.

Cashew Cheese, fiddleheads, red onions, and garlic on multigrain crust

In other news... we're counting down the weeks to our first CSA pickup for the season! One month to go! Can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment