Friday, May 13, 2016

Routines! Part 2

So, last post I talked about how my daily routines help me keep up with my busy life. Today I'm going to talk about my weekly routines.

While my daily routines keep up with the basic daily needs of my home and family (basic tidying, daily meals, laundry, etc) my weekly routines take care of everything else I need to get done to keep my home running smoothly, such as paying bills, planning meals, errands, cleaning, etc.

In order to balance home needs with our very busy schedule of homeschooling stuff, activities and work obligations, I spread out household responsibilities throughout the week. That way, I only have a few things to do each day, so I can squeeze them in at the beginning and end of the day, or between our activities or obligations during the day.

Monday:
Quick Home Blessing (a throwback to when I used to follow Flylady, back in the day)
Good bathroom cleaning
15-20 minutes of detail cleaning in one room (wherever needs it)

Tuesday:
15-20 minutes of detail cleaning in one room
Sort mail, tend to paperwork

Wednesday:
15-20 minutes of detail cleaning in one room
Errands: Target and Trader Joes

Thursday:
Write up menus and shopping list for the week
Whole Foods, any other necessary errands

Friday:
Clean out Fridge
Big grocery shop for the week
Sort mail, tend to paperwork, pay bills, etc

Saturday and Sunday 
Food prep (to makes weekday meal prep a little easier!)
Home and Garden Projects

I keep all of this together on printed "to do" lists for each day, which also include the regular classes
and activities we have scheduled for that day. For one-time events, or something specific to a single day, I also have a post-it "to do" list attached to write those things down. I keep these lists on a clipboard on my desk, so I can refer to it as needed throughout the day. I also keep a journal near by, to jot down things such as recipe ideas, plans for special events like birthdays or holidays, notes about things to do with the kids, etc.

The transition back to work has been so much smoother than I thought it would be, largely due to these basic routines. As I increase my work hours in the coming months, I'm hoping these routines will continue to keep my home in shape and my family happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment