Monday, September 5, 2016

"So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good Night..."

I started this blog on July 5, 2012, as a way to chronicle my family's journey toward a simpler, more rewarding life. Over the last four+ years, I've shared recipes, crafts, home projects, ideas, thoughts, and so much more. I've written about the many changes our big, blended family has gone through... our joys, our sorrows and our struggles.

But now... this particular story of our family has come to an end, and thus, I feel like this blog must come to an end, as well. Last month, The Man of the House and I ended our relationship of over 7 years. It's really for the best, and, truth be told, it's something we probably should have done long ago. But the decision to break up a family is one that is not taken lightly, especially when there are kids involved.

At first, I was terrified of the idea of being single again at 45 years old... I'd hoped I'd find my Happily Ever After, but it turns out I picked the wrong person for that. And for years, I tried to either turn him into the right person, or to convince myself that he could be the right person, but of course neither of those things ever work. You can't make someone into something they're not. I'm also realizing that it's all really going to be OK. I have so much Good in my life... I have amazing kids, who keep me very busy, a nice, comfortable home in a nice community, some really supportive family, really great friends, a job I absolutely love, lots of hobbies... my life is full and rich and I am BLESSED beyond belief.

We are all working through these big changes in our own ways. Overall, I can honestly say that I am happier. I'm more relaxed, less stressed, and have taken this time to focus on pursuing some long-neglected interests, and to just taking care of myself and my kids . I do have a bit of "mom guilt" over the lack of stability in my children's lives, but they really do seem to be taking everything in stride, and I think having a happier Mom will definitely make for some happier kids in the long run.



So, I thank all of you who have followed our Journey here on this blog. It's been an adventure, for sure! And now... onward to NEW adventures... to the "life that is waiting for us... "

~Jenney 


No comments:

Post a Comment