|The porch floor boards, and the supports underneath were rotten, and needed replacing.|
|Birds evicted from eves, and rotted boards replaced|
|More rot, waiting to be fixed.|
|Paint in Progress|
The old kitchen was an odd U-shape... very awkward, and not at all an efficient use of space. We took down the center wall, to open up the space and make it much more usable for our large family.
|The Man, working on taking down that center wall|
|finally broke though the wall to the other side!|
|One of the many animal nests we found in the walls... ew! Gotta love old houses!|
|The wall down to the studs... just waiting for the contractor|
to come take the rest down and put up the support beam.
|Noodle made us a sign for our construction area.|
|The newly-opened space, with the support beam|
in place.We did have a chimney to work around.
|We were able to leave some of the brick chimney exposed.|
This gave us a tiny bit more space, and I love the rustic look.
|New floor! Surprised how much the laminate looks like wood.|
|Cabinets are going in!|
|This is going to be an island!|
So, as you can see, we've had our hands full! But... we're hoping to wrap this project up in the next couple of weeks... so we can get ready for Not-Back-to-School! I'm hoping that next post I will be able to show you a newly-renovated homeschool area in our newly renovated kitchen... stay tuned!