Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I have a real weakness for baked goods. Nothings says comfort to me like a cup of tea and something warm from the oven. Even though I now avoid flour, sugar and dairy, I still crave a cookie now and then, so I've been working on recipes for healthy alternatives. The family was skeptical that I could come up with a cookie that would be both healthy and tasty, but I won them over with this recipe.

These cookies are loaded with protein from almond butter, and are naturally sweetened with a little maple syrup. Chewy raisins add a bit of sweetness, as well. They are a little bit less sweet than traditional cookies, but they are still sweet enough to be satisfying.

Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

2/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups oats
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the first five ingredients until smooth. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. These cookies are great, my family even likes them! I used chopped dates instead of the raisins, makes them taste like oatmeal chocolate chip! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like them! I'll have to try a batch with the dates... sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete