Friday, November 2, 2012

Homemade Dish Washing Liquid


Although most of our dishes are washed in our dishwasher, we do have a lot of things that need to be washed by hand… pots and pans, large serving dishes, some china pieces, etc. To get the job done, I use my own homemade dish washing liquid.  It’s easy to make, inexpensive, free of chemicals and it works. All of the ingredients for this are on my Simple LivingShopping List.

Mama’s Homemade Dish Washing Soap

1 cup of water
½ cup castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner’s baby mild unscented)
1 Tbsp vinegar
5 drops of essential oil

A note about the essential oil: I like to use rosemary oil for this… but lemon, sage, lavender or tea tree are all nice too… use whatever you like!

Mix all together in an empty squeeze bottle or soap dispenser. Use as you would use any other dish washing liquid. Keep in mind that this soap will not foam up the way that synthetic dish liquids will, but it still works great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment