Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's Election Day!

Today is Election Day, and I am so grateful to the women who came before me, who worked hard and sacrificed much so that I would have the right to vote today. I think many of us take this precious right for granted, but it's important to remember that just a couple of generations ago, women did not have the option to cast a ballot. I hope that today all of you will exercise your right to help choose our next leaders.

We are looking forward to wrapping up our work day this evening, so we can put on the TV and settle in to watch the election results roll in. We've been studying the election process with our homeschool Civics Club, so the children are almost as excited as I am to watch the coverage. We're going to make a party of it... Ladybug is making star-shaped sugar cookies, and I made these:
The Man of the House has dubbed these "Presidential Parfaits" which I think is as good a name as any! They are made of yogurt, strawberries and blueberries. Festive, no?! In addition to enjoying our Patriotic snacks, I'm looking forward to watching the democratic process in action tonight, and to sharing it with our children.

Don't forget to Vote!




No comments:

Post a Comment