Saturday, January 18, 2014

Organized Pantry, Part 2

Ok, so last post I showed you our our "dry goods" cabinet and our spice drawer... now I'll move on to the final part of our kitchen pantry storage: our corner cabinet.

Now, this cabinet has been a bit of a challenge. It's kind of a "catch-all" cabinet, and it's definitely not as "pretty" as our other cabinets. This is where we store our baking supplies, oils, vinegars and pretty much anything else that needs to be stored. Since it's a fairly large cabinet, it's easy for stuff to get lost in there. To keep things somewhat organized, I use plastic bins to corral like items.

On the top lazy susan, we keep stuff like baking soda, baking powder, sugar, honey, etc., along with various cooking oils. On the lower susan, we have flours, vinegars, and lesser-used baking supplies.

Plastic storage bins keep things fresh and neatly contained. 






I prefer to keep frequently-used oils within easy reach, so I put them in pretty bottles on a little tray and keep them right next to the stove. This way, I can grab them quickly while I'm cooking.


So there you have it! That's our kitchen food storage. We also have a set of shelves in the basement, where we keep back-up bulk supplies, and our jars of jams, jellies, applesauce, etc that I can.

With our kitchen nicely organized in a way that makes me VERY happy (see this post and this post for the other areas of our kitchen) I have been focusing my energy on some other areas of our home that need some love! Our basement has been a work-in-progress for longer than I care to admit, but I continue to plug away at it a little bit each weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to share that project with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment