Sunday, February 8, 2015

"Garlic Bread" Crust Pizza

It's been AGES since I've done a "Pizza Post" but last night's pizza was so yummy (if I do say so myself!) that I felt it needed to be shared.

Like many of my favorite recipes, this one started out as a mistake. I had planned on making a pizza with pesto and sundried tomatoes, because pesto and sundried tomatoes are the best combination ever. But when I went to my freezer to get some pesto, I realized our winter supply was all gone. Boo. I wasn't really in the mood for sauce, since I REALLY had nice, garlicky pesto on my mind. So it was time to improvise! I minced up several cloves of garlic, along with some herbs and a little bit of salt and plenty of olive oil. I spread it all over my stretched out crust, much like one would do for garlic bread. So essentially the crust of this pizza was garlic bread. And yes, it was as delicious as it sounds like it would be.

Here's how it came together:

The dough... spread with a mixture of olive oil,
minced garlic, herbs and a pinch of salt. 

A layer of "Cheese" (I used Daiya shreds, but if you're not
vegan you can use regular mozzerella cheese)

Red onion, red pepper, spinach and sundried tomatoes
(I sauteed the peppers and onions first, and wilted the spinach)

Another layer of "cheese"

Finished pizza... so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment