Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Morning Garden Time

'Tis the season, where I sneak out to my garden very early in the morning, to water and tend a bit before the rest of the world is up and demanding my attention. I love these early morning visits to my garden, just me and the plants and the birds.

Although our extra long winter caused a later-than-usual start to the garden, I've been working hard to catch up. I've been trying to squeeze in as much "Garden Time" as possible the last few weekends, and as of now we've got most of the garden planted! 4 1/2 beds are done, with 2 1/2 beds left to plant. So far, we have:

Potatoes
Peas
Carrots
Beets
Lettuces
Swiss Chard
Spinach
Arugula
Kale
Broccoli
Green Beans
Wax Beans
Zucchini
Basil
Parsley
Tomatoes

Still to come, this weekend (I hope!)

Crook-neck Squash
Winter Squash
Pumpkins
Cucumbers

This morning, I took this photo of the garden beds, while I was watering. It doesn't look like much, yet... but under the soil, magic is happening. Seeds are swelling, and soon there will be sprouts, then plants! I do LOVE my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment