Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Stroll Through the Garden

I took a little stroll through my garden this evening, to pull up some weeds and check to make sure everything is surviving the cooler temps we've had here this week. It definitely seems that some things are growing a little slower than usual, though the plants do still seem healthy. A few things are growing like crazy... potatoes, peas and our strawberries, in particular. We have a raised strawberry bed, and the plants have spread out of the bed and all over the ground around the bed.
I also planted TONS of sunflowers this year, and  those are all sprouting up nicely, too. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks, when things will (hopefully!) be getting bigger and greener! Here are a few shots I snapped with my phone tonight...

Wee sunflower sprouts

The strawberries! Those are raspberries in the back on the trellis.
In the be in the lower right corner are potatoes.
Are those tiny flowers I see on the tomato plants?! 

The Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment