Saturday, July 12, 2014

DIY Sewing Spot: The Big Reveal!

 For the last week I have been spending my spare time working on the project I told you about last post... turning a closet into a sewing spot! I am REALLY happy with how it turned out. Ladybug is pretty excited, too... she loves to sew, and is definitely way better at it than I am. I can't wait to see what kind of creations she makes in our new space.

Are you ready to see what it looks like? OK... Here we go...


Drumroll...


Ta-Dah!
I had a few goals for this project: One, to turn ill-used space into a functional space. Two, to finally get our sewing out of storage, so we can actually make stuff. Three, to accomplish the first two goals without spending any money.

I think I did very well on the first two goals, and I nearly accomplished the third. I ended up spending $7 on a package of labels for the boxes. Other than that, everything I used was stuff I already had in the house.

Here is a closer look:


Jars to hold buttons, embroidery floss, scissors, pins, etc.

Old crates, to store fabric and patterns, and a
basket for sewing books

More storage: Bins of stuffing and batting, and a
basket of fuzzy fleece fabric.
Old spice rack, turned thread holder

An "Inspiration Board" made from vintage fabric (DIY How-to coming soon!)


UPDATE: January 2016: I got a new stool for this space! Picked it up at a local vintage shop, and I just LOVE it... much better height, and super cute, too... 


1 comment: