Friday, March 21, 2014

Equinox!

Yesterday was the first day of Spring! Though it still looks pretty wintery out there in some areas, the temps are slowly starting to creep upward, the snow is finally melting and we have some little seedlings sprouting on the kitchen windowsill. I just love Spring!

Every year, we celebrate the First Day of Spring with a special Spring Feast! However, this year we were really busy from early morning until late evening with work and homeschool stuff on the day of  the actual Equinox, so we've had to postpone our celebration until tonight. I'm currently making a Spring Salad of baby greens and a light, spring-y pasta dish with asparagus, peas, carrots, white wine, lemon and herbs.

On a more personal note... I am also celebrating spring with a fresh new haircut (long overdue... it's been 6 months!) and... for the first time in over three years, some hair color! I kept telling myself I didn't have time to do this (I am still struggling to catch up after the the Great Norovirus Debacle) but the fact is, I will never really have time, as there will ALWAYS be something more important to do. So I finally decided to just DO IT, and I'm so glad I did. My hair was looking so ratty, and now it feels much lighter and healthier... and... no more grays! I've been starting to get quite a few grays the last year or two, and I have waffled as to whether to embrace them or fight them. I guess I'm not quite ready to embrace them just yet!

Another thing about Spring... this means it's time to get the yard cleaned up, now that Winter's Wrath is (hopefully!) over. Things are a mess, out there, and I'm really looking forward to being able to enjoy our yard, once again!

Happy Spring, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment