Monday, March 31, 2014

Homemade Chili Seasoning

We are big fans of Tex-Mex-type meals here at The Homestead. We love things like bean chili, nachos, tacos and burritos. Since I'm all about the DIY, I make my own homemade chili seasoning for these dishes, which I keep in a little jar. This is similar to the stuff  they sell in little packets at the grocery store. The homemade version is less expensive, and you can adjust the amounts of the spices to suit your own tastes.

Homemade Chili Seasoning

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp cumin
2 tsp crushed up dried oregano
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
3 tsp garlic powder

Mix together in a small jar, and store in a cool, dry place. Keeps for several months, though in our house we use it up much quicker than that!




Later this week, I will be sharing a Three-in-One recipe for Bean Chili with you, which uses this spice blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment