Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Garden Trading


My cucumber vines have been SO prolific this week. I’ve been up to my ears in cukes, and just haven’t had the time to make up some pickles. My neighbor had a similar problem… but instead of cucumbers, she’s been swimming in a sea of Swiss Chard.  Gardens are funny like that… sometimes when something is in season, it’s REALLY in season, so you find yourself eating the same vegetables day after day, for weeks at a time, scouring the internet for new and exciting ways to serve them. But if you have a friend or neighbor who also gardens, you can break up the monotony and get more variety by trading things you have in abundance! Last night I brought my neighbor five cucumbers and a small bunch of oregano, and she gave me this huge, gorgeous bunch of Swiss Chard!

Isn’t it beautiful?!  I plan to sautee this up in olive oil, with some minced garlic and a touch of sea salt. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment