Monday, July 9, 2012

Raspberries!!!


Just a quick post, to share a wee little garden accomplishment: Last year we added some raspberry plants to our garden here at The Homestead. And now, we have some actual raspberries! Just a few cute, tiny raspberries… but raspberries all the same!  The raspberry plants were added to the area of our garden which is also home to a strawberry bed and two small blueberry bushes.  All of this was planted in the last year or two, so we don’t have too much fruit coming to us, yet. I am hopeful that one day we will get enough berries to maybe make a little jam, but for now, I’m happy with the occasional handful of berries to toss into my yogurt. 


Later this week, I will share some photos and thoughts about the rest of our garden! But for now, I'm busy working on a post for tomorrow about reducing, reusing and recycling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment